Saturday, March 7, 2009

A Tribute to Sadie

March 7, 2009. The day that the world lost a true companion, friend, and the most amazing dog ever. Not surprisingly, it was a tumor on her heart. A multiplying of cells of her heart. Her heart was so big...it was how she lived and touched the world, and how she ultimately died.

When I heard that she was in intensive care, I immediately booked a ticket to come home. I was to leave Thailand within 12 hours and be home within 36. But she could not hold on to her huge heart for one more day, and the universe absorbed that beautiful soul before I could even get on my plane.

So I am here, warm and alone. Sad and crying. And between the tears I smile knowing how lucky I was to have had such an amazing companion for the past ten years. Miss Sadie Loo Who. The Doggie Lama. My Girl. My heart is so much bigger having loved and been loved by you.

Sadie, may you find solace in a field of golden tennis balls. I have peace knowing that you are already cuddling with your sister Ginger...and that you will watch over me forever as my Guardian Angel.

6 comments:

shannon Amidon said...

Oh Pam! I'm so very sorry for your loss. I know how much you love Sadie and how much you'll miss her every minute. I wish I could give you a big hug right now. Know you are in our hearts. Be gentle with yourself.

Anonymous said...

Dear Pam,

I started crying the moment I read your words on Sadie. I know how much she meant to you (she knew it too). You are in my thoughts.

PS - Like the "Peregrination"

Anonymous said...

I am truly sorry you couldn't be home with Sadie but she knew your love and was loved by many. Only if we could all be so lucky and well loved. I know how sad you must be as I lost Molly to the same thing last January. Just remember, you gave her a great doggie life; I believe she fulfilled you as much as you fulfilled her life. Continue your journey peace because she will always with you. Big hugs!

Anonymous said...

Dear Pam
It's been a very long time since I checked in on your blog and finally had some quiet time to see how you are doing. As soon as I saw A Tribute to Sadie I started crying. Alec and I are so sad for your loss and so sad that you didn't get a chance to see her one last time but as the other comments posted are saying too, she knew how much you loved her and she had the best life any dog child could ever have. There is a huge basket of tennis balls with her name on it in heaven and she can now run to her hearts content. Just remember that when you are on your long walks, if you feel a nudge or brush across your thigh, you'll know Sadie's walking with you in spirt. Our hearts and prayers are with you. Take care, Brenda and Alec.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm still crying at my desk. I save your blog for Mondays usually but if I'm having a really good day, I wait until Tuesday because this is always such a great pick me up. I'm so very sorry Pam. I did not even know Sadie was sick. I am so devastated for you.

Jeff

Anonymous said...

Pam - I just saw this post, I'm so sad to hear the news. I know how much you loved her!! She is your angel!