Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A new adventure begins

Last night I arrived in Delhi after nearly 21 hours of being in transit from Seattle. The long flights gave me a lot of time to ponder this new life that is before me right now. Surprisingly emotional at my airport drop off (thank you Chrystal!) I realized that nearly two years before I had embarked on a similar yet very different journey. In September 2008, my journey was towards self-discovery and exploration, with the outcome completely unknown. This time I am traveling because it is my JOB. It feels different.. a bit like going to graduate school after taking classes at the university. The landscape is familiar, my knowledge base exists, but it's a whole new - and higher - level of learning and understanding.

What will I do with this new knowledge? Want to visit Bhutan with me in October 2011? How about India in November 2011? Drop me a line (pam@grandasianjourneys.com) and I'll be sure to keep you on my list when details are announced in the next few months. I'll be happy to teach you what I've learned - and continue to learn - along the way!

Arriving in Delhi, a very kind gentleman held a sign with my name. He carried my bags, deposited my tired body into a nice, air-conditioned car and drove me to a comfortable hotel. I take this all to be a good omen of my forthcoming NEW big adventure. Title of this one? Not sure but I'm pretty sure Liz Gilbert would be jealous.

(FYI, off to Bhutan tomorrow and will be offline until 10/18. )

With love,
Pam


2 comments:

LN said...

Hey Pam,

glad all worked out with your visa! Enjoy Bhutan! Curious about it and definitely a choice for 2011!

Hugs for you and Gerdien!
LN

Leslie said...

Travel well my friend and enjoy every precious moment. I will be with you in spirit as always.

Peace little sister,

Leslie